Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yay Procrastination!!

Yup, I’ve started a blog. What about, you ask? Well, this blog will be a journey into the meandering thoughts and memories that I have. I will allow you to judge for yourself whether this journey is comical, horrific, or both. But just keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times, and you should be safe at least 50% of the time. Unless the ride derails…but I wouldn’t worry about that.

Hopefully, I can provide a brief rest from the craziness of the world. Why you would choose to spend that time with my insanity instead is a mystery to me, but I am glad you are here just the same.

Having just graduated college, I am quite familiar with the need to procrastinate. I can’t count how many hours I’ve spent online or playing video games when I should have been starting that paper that’s due in two hours, cleaning up the mystery spill under the futon, or investigating that smell coming from the room down the hall. Obviously, updating my Facebook status, saving the universe from aliens, and scoping the hotties at PeopleofWalmart.com are much more important activities.

After all of the benefits I have enjoyed from procrastination, I have decided to make it my quest to help others avoid productive, useful tasks at all costs. And the beauty of it is that I get to procrastinate as well by writing these posts, so everyone wins!

In the voyage ahead, I will tell the tales of my youth, including the origin story of this blog’s title. I will also share interesting conversations I have had and in-depth analyses of the most pressing issues of our day, possibly including topics such as bears, dinosaurs, and Twilight.

My next post will begin this trek by entering the realm of the “Dark Years,” AKA Middle School. This is a treacherous and tormented time in my life filled with unsavory characters and destruction at every turn.

Fasten your seat belts, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment